For example, with support and expertise from state forestry agencies and local and national non-governmental organizations, the Forest Service's Urban and Community Forestry Program in 2010 delivered technical, financial, educational and research assistance to more than 7,000 communities in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, U.
What does UCFP stand for?
UCFP stands for Urban and Community Forestry Program
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UCFP
We have 1 other meaning of UCFP in our Acronym Attic
- United Churches Football League (Ireland)
- University of Calgary Faculty of Law (Calgary, AB, Canada)
- United Christian Faith Ministries
- Union Culturelle des Franco-Ontariennes
- Union des Cultivateurs Franco-Ontariens (French: Farmers Union of Franco-Ontarians; Canada)
- Uncollared Florida Panther
- United Capital Financial Partners
- Universal Call for Proposal
- Unix Content Filtering Proxy
- Upper Condamine Floodplain Project (Australia)
- Urine Cerebrospinal Fluid Protein
- Utah Community Forest Partnership
- University of Central Florida Police Department
- University of California Forest Products Laboratory
- Ultra-Compact Fusion Reactor
- Union Catholique des Femmes Rurales
- Unit Commander's Finance Report
- Uniunii Culturale a Francezilor din Romania
- untreated case-fatality rate
- Upper Clark Fork River
Samples in periodicals archive:
Created by the Georgia Urban Forest Council (GUFC) and the Georgia Forestry Commission (GFC) through a grant from the USDA Forest Service Urban and Community Forestry Program, The Grove online community was beta tested in the Southeast in 2009 and 2010 before its national launch in 2011.
Conference of Mayors strongly encourages federal and state governments to work in cooperation with local mayors to promote local community action in sustaining urban forests and creating a network of arborists to oversee programs and projects aimed at not only marketing but creating actual models for other areas throughout the country to adopt, thereby preventing urban forest farm decline and ensuring future sustainability; and BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Conference calls upon the Administration and Congress to include funding for urban and community forestry programs that encourage community cost share grants, urban forest research and assistance for underserved communities that may be challenged with stewardship issues.
To rectify this situation in the Pacific, John Lawrence, the urban and community forestry program coordinator for Guam, and Catherine Moncrieff, who has the same position for the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas, have decided to start their own Pacific Region Big Tree Register.
And the urban and community forestry programs afford us, as foresters, an opportunity to share the benefits of good forest management with that public and also afford the public an opportunity to better understand their relationship to the forest.
He has long been a strong supporter of urban and community forestry programs.
Personnel trading still goes on today, in fact, with Forest Service retirees Dwight Hair, Howard Burnett, and Bill Tikkala performing vital functions at AFA, and one-time AFA project director Fred Deneke heading up the Forest Service's urban and community forestry program.