Asked whether she would get any benefit from her high-flying origins, the spokeswoman said stories about airlines giving away free tickets in such cases were an urban myth.
What does UM stand for?
UM stands for Urban Myth
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of UM
We have 16 other meanings of UM in our Acronym Attic
- University of Miami (Florida)
- University of Michigan (also seen as U-M)
- University of Minnesota
- University of Mississippi
- University of Missouri
- University of Montana
- Unmatched Map
- Unscheduled Maintenance
- Upper Marlboro (Maryland)
- Upper Motor (neurons)
- US Minor Outlying Islands (airline code)
- User Modeling
- User Module
- Users Manual
- Utilization Management
- Wake/Midway Islands (ISO country code)
- Unit Manager-4 (DSC)
- University of Minnesota Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database
- University of Michigan Breast Cancer Detection Demonstration Project
- University of Michigan Composite International Diagnostic Interview
Samples in periodicals archive:
THERE seems to be an urban myth hovering around our capital city that Plaid Cymru is a party just for Welsh speakers.
Reading about your urban myths and Blackpool story brought something back to mind.
There is a nice disparity between West's choice of subject – urban myths and legends (usually of the rock variety) and the way she chooses to represent them.
I thought it was probably just some urban myth going round that they'd heard but on the weekend I have heard the same story from two separate people, the same day and same details.
The report warned of urban myths - such as John Lennon once living in Blackpool and Bob Dylan in Crouch End, London.
AN urban myth is responsible for a surge in car crimes in Rugby, police have said.
There's something about human nature that drives people to freak others out about urban myths.