NAHC is a nonprofit (501(c)3) organization that is recognized by the Indian Health Service (IHS) Urban Indian Health Program under Title V of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act.
What does UIH stand for?
UIH stands for Urban Indian Health
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UIH
We have 12 other meanings of UIH in our Acronym Attic
- United Institute of Geology Geophysics and Mineralogy (Russia)
- Union Internationale des Guides et Scouts d’Europe (International Union of the Guides and Scouts of Europe; est. 1956)
- Union Internationale des Guides et Scouts d'Europe - Fédération du Scoutisme Européen (French)
- Unidentified Isometric Grapevine Virus
- unmanned intelligent ground vehicle
- Udruga Inovatora Hrvatske (Croatian: Association of Innovators)
- Unilateral Inguinal Hernia
- Union Industrial Home (now UIH Family Partners; Trenton, NJ; est. 1859)
- Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. (est. 1990; Florida)
- Unnumbered Information with Header check
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Urban Indian Health Institute (Seattle, WA)
- Union Internationale des Huissiers de Justice (French: International Union of Judicial Officers)
- Ultimate Iceless Hockey League (Rhode Island)
- Unless I Hear Otherwise (tesxting shorthand)
- Urban Indian Health Organizations (Seattle, WA)
- Urban Indian Health Program
- University of Illinois Human Resources
- Upflow Inclined High-Rate Settlers
- United Indian Health Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the organization's website, it is the only Urban Indian Health Program in the state of Kansas.
At this urban Indian health center, caregivers intertwine programs that instill a strong sense of cultural identity with practical treatment, Naomi Lake, behavioral health director, said.
A study examined the rate of Cesarean delivery among Native American women giving birth from 1996-1999 at an urban Indian Health Service facility, and found the rate to be 9.
Reauthorization affords IHS, Native American governments and states the opportunity to increase flexibility for tribal and urban Indian health programs.
Indian Education, Urban Indian Health Services, Native American Employment & Training Programs) * Urban Communities (i.
Spending Cut 1-Year Savings (millions of dollars) 5-Year Savings (millions of dollars) -- Eliminate the Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers Training Program 79 395 -- End Susan Harwood training grants 3 15 -- Eliminate Indian Health Service Urban Indian Health Program 33 165 -- Eliminate the CDC's Preventative Health and Health Services Block Grant 99 495 -- Level funding for Community Health Centers 100 538 -- Eliminate education for Native Hawaiians 34 170 -- Eliminate the School Leadership Program 29.
The Indian Health Service would receive a more than $20 million cut under Bush's proposal, with funding for urban Indian health programs again slated for elimination.