From an ecological standpoint greenways also reduce river erosion (see plans for the development of the Nonconnah Greenbelt, Wolf River Restoration Project, Big Creek Millington Feasibility Plan, Lucius Birch Natural Area Gateway, and the Oliver Creek Watershed Master Plan), protect some of the remaining urban green environment, provide alternative uses for otherwise unused lands, and may create corridors for movement of urban wildlife.
What does URGE stand for?
URGE stands for Urban Green Environment (greenspace development project; various locations; EU)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of URGE
We have 2 other meanings of URGE in our Acronym Attic
- Unleaded Regular Gasoline
- Utility Retained Generation (utility industry)
- You Are Gay
- University Research Grants Committee
- Ultra-Rapid Gradient Echo
- Uniform Rating of Generating Equipment
- University Research for Graduate Education (est. 1994; Indonesia)
- Unlimited Resources Giving Enlightenment (Ziggy Marley foundation)
- Unión Regional Ganadera del Estado de Guerrero (Spanish: Regional Livestock Union of the State of Guerrero; Mexico)
- Uniform Regional Guidance Employing National Teams (US FEMA)
- United Retail Group Incorporated
- Utility Retained Generation Income Tax Memorandum Account (Pacific Gas and Electric Company; California)
- Union Reefs Gold Mine (Pine Creek, Australia)
- University Research Grants Program (University of Manitoba; Canada)
- Urban Rivers Grant Program (Wisconsin)
- Underwater Research Group of Queensland (diving club; Australia)
- Utility Relief Grant Scheme (Victoria; Australia)
- Upper Rio Grande Workforce Development Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Urban Green Environment research project (URGE) is being led by Birmingham City Council's parks and nature conservation division and the University of Central England.