In the penultimate round of games, Marcello Lippi's expensively assembled team can lose by two goals to Urawa Red Diamonds and still go through as they seek to become the 11-year-old tournament's first Chinese champions.
What does URD stand for?
URD stands for Urawa Red Diamonds (football club; Japan)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of URD
We have 38 other meanings of URD in our Acronym Attic
- Ultrasound-Reflection Computed Tomography
- Underground Residential Distribution
- Union for Renewal and Democracy (Chad)
- Union pour le Renouveau Démocratique (French: Union for Democratic Renewal, Senegal)
- Unión Revolucionaria Democrática (Revolutionary Democratic Union; political party, Guatemala)
- Unit Reference Designator
- Unit Release Dose
- Unité de Recherche Démographique (French: Demographic Research Unit; Togo; est. 1975)
- Unrelated Donor (tissue transplantation)
- Upper Respiratory Disease
Samples in periodicals archive:
Recommendation Urawa Red Diamonds 1pt 19-10 bet365 CAPTION(S): Yosuke Kashiwagi celebrates a goal for Urawa Reds
Kashiwa Reysol became the first team to win the J-League title in their first year after promotion from the second division when they defeated Urawa Red Diamonds 3-1 on Saturday.
Byline: KEVIN McALLION JAPANESE side Urawa Red Diamonds also declared war last week - on a gang of delinquent ducks.
Defending champions Urawa Red Diamonds scored a crucial away goal as they battled to a 1-1 away draw with fellow J-League side Gamba Osaka in their first leg on Wednesday.
YOKOHAMA, Japan: Italian powerhouses AC Milan lived up to their pre-tournament promise by beating Urawa Red Diamonds 1-0 to reach the final against Boca Juniors in the Club World Cup yesterday.
Speaking after his side's 2-2 draw with Urawa Red Diamonds in Japan, Ferguson said: "I hope Carlos Tevez arrives - things are bowling along.
Urawa Red Diamonds 2 Manchester United 2 SIR Alex Ferguson has launched a passionate defence of Manchester United's right to tour the Far East.