The Church Rock Uranium Mill Tailings Spill: A Health and Environmental Assessment.
What does UMT stand for?
UMT stands for Uranium Mill Tailings
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UMT
We have 48 other meanings of UMT in our Acronym Attic
- University of Melbourne Student Union (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
- Unmetered Supplies User Group (current-drawing electronic equipment users' group)
- Unified Modeling Technique
- Union Marocaine du Travail (French: Union of Moroccan Workers)
- Unit Ministry Team
- Universal Mercator Time
- Universal Military Training
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (Malaysia)
- University of Management and Technology (Lahore, Pakistan)
- Upper Merion Township (Pennsylvania)
- Unified Metropolitan Transport Authority (India)
- Union of Myanmar Travel Association (Yangon, Myanmar)
- Universal Mobile Telephony Association
- Upper Midwest Trials Association (motorcycles)
- Urban Mass Transportation Administration (aka Urban Mass Transit Administration; US DOT)
- Utah Music Teachers Association
- Urban Mass Transportation Assistance Act of 1970 (US DOT)
- Uluslararasi Makina Ticaret A.S. (Turkish: International Machinery Trade A.S.; est. 1945)
- Undergraduate Mathematics Teaching Conference (UK; annual conference)
- United Missionary Theological College (now United Missionary Church of Africa Theological College; Ilorin, Nigeria)
Samples in periodicals archive:
announced today that it is part of a team selected by the Department of Energy (DOE) to continue remediating the Atlas uranium mill tailings site in Moab, Utah.
The spill spread 1,100 tons of uranium mill tailings over the reservation.
9 million tons of radioactive uranium mill tailings from the banks of the Colorado River at Moab, Utah.
Yancey has concentrated on reclamation investigations at various uranium mill tailings sites throughout the southwestern United States for mining companies, government agencies and First Nations.
5-million-ton pile of radioactive uranium mill tailings from the banks of the Colorado River at Moab, Utah.
WMFS manages other Department of Energy work, including a subcontract for waste management services at the DOE Hanford, Washington site; a subcontract to operate the Environmental Restoration Disposal Facility at Hanford; an integrated subcontract for environmental restoration and waste management services as part of the LMITCO team at the Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory; a subcontract for radiological controls on the Uranium Mill Tailings Remedial Action Program in the southwestern U.
Department of Energy ("DOE") to relocate the Moab uranium mill tailings to the Company's White Mesa Uranium Mill south of Blanding, Utah (see Figure 1).