This deamination process is normally counteracted by uracil-N-glycosylase, the product of the ung gene, and organisms defective in the removal of uracil from DNA have an increased spontaneous mutation rate and more G:C right arrow] A:T base-pair transitions (7).
What does UNG stand for?
UNG stands for Uracil-N-Glycosylase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UNG
We have 20 other meanings of UNG in our Acronym Attic
- United Nations Fund for Science and Technology for Development
- Unified Navy Field Test Program
- Unfurnished (as in an apartment)
- Until Further Notice
- Universidad Nacional Federico Villarreal (Lima, Peru)
- UNG's not GNU
- Unguent (ointment, medical)
- Unified Newspaper Group (Madison, WI)
- United States Natural Gas Fund LP (stock symbol)
- University of Geneva (Geneva, Switzerland)
- United Nations General Assembly
- Urinary Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin
- United Nations General Assembly Official Records
- United Nations General Assembly Special Session
- United Nations Genocide Convention
- United Nations Global Compact
- United Nations Godzilla Countermeasures Center
- United Nations Guard Contingent in Iraq
- United Nations Global Compact Office
- United Nations Guidelines on Consumer Protection
Samples in periodicals archive:
An effective hot start is provided here by the use of dUTP and uracil-N-glycosylase in the PCR.
To prevent carryover, 200 [micro]M of uracil triphosphate was part of the master mixture, and uracil-N-glycosylase was used systematically.