Heavy development and recreational use of tortoise habitat, and a fatal upper respiratory tract disease affecting many tortoises, caused the animal to be federally listed as endangered in 1989.
What does URTD stand for?
URTD stands for Upper Respiratory Tract Disease
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Uranium de Retraitement (French: Uranium Reprocessing)
- Urban Rail Transit
- Urban Terror (computer game)
- User Registration Tool
- User Requirements Table
- User Revalidation Tool (IBM Corp.)
- Union of Road Transport Associations
- University/Resident Theatre Association (New York, NY)
- Utah Rural Telecom Association
- Unconventional Resources Technology Advisory Committee (United States Department of Energy)
- Your Telegram (US Navy)
- Universal Rotary Tiltable Furnace (aluminum recycling)
- Unreasonable Risk to Health
- Upper Respiratory Tract Illness
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (medical)
- You Are the Man (texting abbreviation)
- Union des Radiodiffusions et Télévisions Nationales d'Afrique (Union of National Radio and Television Organizations of Africa)
- Undergraduate Research Training Program
- University Research and Training Reactors
- Unclassified Redaction and Tracking System (National Archives and Records Administration)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Our development goals for Numax are to fully assess its safety and to evaluate if the increased potency seen in preclinical studies can be translated into better efficacy against RSV hospitalizations, medically attended lower respiratory tract illness and upper respiratory tract disease, such as otitis media (middle ear infections).
Areas of study include population structure, reproductive success, hatchling survivorship, and the prevalence of upper respiratory tract disease.