Symptoms of an upper respiratory infection and a seasonal flu include, a stuffy nose, throat and face pain, loss of appetite, tiredness, headache, high temperature, and shivering with a cold sensation.
What does URI stand for?
URI stands for Upper Respiratory Infection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of URI
We have 66 other meanings of URI in our Acronym Attic
- Uniform Resource Indicator
- United Religions Initiative
- United Rentals (various locations)
- Universal Resource Identifier (web; less common)
- Universal Resource Indicator
- Universidade Regional Integrada (Portuguese: Integrated Regional University; Brazil)
- University of Rhode Island
- University Reactor Instrumentation
- University Research Initiative
- Unsatisfactory Rotational Index
- User Premises Equipment Regulatory Issues
- User Resource Identifier
- Undergraduate Research Institute in Astrophysics
- Unrestricted Investment Account
- University of Rhode Island Alumni Association
- Urban Regeneration in Britain (urban renewal; UK)
- University Research Instrumentation Center (University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ)
- University of Rhode Island Change Assessment Scale
- Upland Rice Research Intercenter Coordinating Committee
- Unit of Recovery Identifier
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a study of nearly 19,000 people in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, the risk of an upper respiratory infection was 36 percent higher in those with low vitamin D levels (less than 10 ng/mL) than in those with normal levels (at least 30 ng/mL).
Adolescents and young adults who receive antibiotics for acne are more than twice as likely during the year following treatment to develop an upper respiratory infection serious enough to warrant a visit to the doctor, according to a new analysis of health statistics.
Upper respiratory infection symptoms in the week following flights were compared in 1,100 passengers: 47% flew on jets that used 100% fresh air for ventilation, and 53% flew on jets that used up to 50% recirculated air.
Symptoms include swollen head and paws, high fever and a severe upper respiratory infection with sneezing, Foley said.
But, the research team concluded that Echinacea might be beneficial for the early treatment of upper respiratory infections.
Meridian has strong market positions in the areas of gastrointestinal and upper respiratory infections, serology, parasitology and fungal disease diagnosis.
Abu Dhabi: The number of patients complaining from bronchitis and upper respiratory infections (URI) as a result of changing weather conditions has risen to over 40 per cent in the past two months, doctors say.