Support for LACW 2012 comes from NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, Office of the Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer, NYC and Company Foundation, Ydanis Rodriguez of the NY City Council, Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, NYSCA, NoMAA, JPMorgan Chase Foundation and the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation, El Diario/la Prensa, LMEC, NYC-Arts, Buena Vision TV, Impacto Latin News, De Norte A Sur, La Voz Latina, and corporate sponsors.
What does UMEZ stand for?
UMEZ stands for Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- University of Manitoba Engineering Society
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- University of Minnesota Extension Service
- Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center (USGS)
- Umatilla Morrow Education Service District
- Universidade Metodista de São Paulo
- UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Media Technologies
- Universidad Metropolitana (Spanish)
- Utah Medicare Education Team (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Uonuma International Exchange Association (Japan)
- Ultra Marathon France
- Ultra Music Festival (Miami, FL)
- Unconventional Military Forces
- Underground Mine Fire
- Unidad de Manejo Forestal (Spanish)
- Union des Maisons Françaises (French: Union of French Houses)
- Union des Musulmans de France (French: Union of Muslims of France)
- Union Fédérale des Mines (French miners' trade union)
- Union Maritime et Fluviale (French: union for sea and river shipping)
- Unique Manuka Factor (antibacterial honey property)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Working with Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone, Empire State Development Corporation and the New York City Economic Development Corporation, the developers were able to turn the former Brownfield site, once occupied by the Washburn Wire Factory, into the destination shopping center.
Press conference to announce $750,000 initiative to help 125th Street businesses affected by rezoning; Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corp.
the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone, the Queens Cadet Corporation and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants' Career Opportunities in the Accounting Profession Program.
According to the RFP, the Mart 125 parcel is located within the federally-designated Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone and is in an area eligible for New Markets Tax Credit investment.
The Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation announces the award of a grant at El Museo del Barrio, 1230 Fifth Avenue.
Although the couple's original intent was to borrow $150,000 from the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone, having to navigate the red tape turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
Financial support for the first phase of the Apollo Theater restoration project was provided by funding administered by the NYC Economic Development Corp from the City of New York, City Council with Councilman Bill Perkins' support and the Manhattan Borough President's Office; United States Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration; Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation; New York State Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation, and the New York Landmarks Preservation Commission.