5) In a University of California Berkeley Wellness Alert it especially warns of the risks associated with using blue-green algae products that have algae harvested from the Upper Klamath Lake (AFA) region in southern Oregon.
What does UKL stand for?
UKL stands for Upper Klamath Lake (Oregon)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UKL
We have 15 other meanings of UKL in our Acronym Attic
- United Karma Kagyu Federation (Malaysia)
- United Kingdom Kung-Fu Federation (UK)
- Unit Kegiatan Kerohanian Islam (Indonesian: Islamic Spiritual Activities Unit)
- United Kenpo Karate Studios (Garden Grove, CA)
- UK Pounds
- United Kingdom Labour (UK recruitment agency)
- United Kingdom Libra
- University of Kaiserslautern (est. 1970; Germany)
- University of Koblenz-Landau
- Upaya Kelola Lingkungan (Indonesian: Environmental Management Efforts)
- Ursula K. Le Guin (author)
- Uluslararasi Kültür ve Lisan Akademisi (Turkish Language School www.ukla.com.tr)
- United Kingdom Laser Association
- United Kingdom Listing Authority
- United Kingdom Literacy Association
- United Kingdom Locksmiths Association
- United Kingdom Lubricants Association
- University Klagenfurth (Austria)
- University of Kentucky Landscape Architecture
- United Kingdom Lung Cancer Coalition
Samples in periodicals archive:
8%, n = 36) in 1977 at Upper Klamath Lake and none at Tule Lake NWR (n = 139).
government, giving up much of their territory in exchange for a reservation on Klamath land on the north side of Upper Klamath Lake.
Citing concerns over endangered coho salmon in the Klamath River and endangered sucker fish in Upper Klamath Lake, the bureau had warned early this year that as many as 90 percent of water-rights holders might not receive any water whatsoever in the summer.
Since 1981, biologists have been managing primarily for eagles along the west side of Upper Klamath Lake, an area designated the Bald Eagle Management Area.
From its origin at Oregon's Upper Klamath Lake, the Kiamath River cuts southwest through both the volcanic Cascades and the convoluted ranges of the Klamath Mountains, ultimately pouring more water into the Pacific than any other California river except the Sacramento.
Overlooking Upper Klamath Lake, this community features 3,600 acres of wooded hills and meadows, an 83-room lodge and Oregon's only Arnold Palmer-designed championship golf course.
Another decision is expected in April 2012 that will address tribal claims for the waters of Upper Klamath Lake and the Klamath River.