The usually recognized initiators of chronic refractory cough include asthma, upper airway cough syndrome (postnasal drip), and gastroesophageal reflux disease.
What does UACS stand for?
UACS stands for Upper Airway Cough Syndrome
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UACS
We have 5 other meanings of UACS in our Acronym Attic
- Utah Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Ukrainian Agency on Copyright and Related Rights
- União de Associações do Comércio E Serviços (Portugal)
- Uninterruptible AC Supply
- United Achievers' Community Services (Canada)
- University American College Skopje (Macedonia)
- Unloaded Ambulatory Control Subjects
- Unrestricted Ambulatory Control Subjects
- Unsupplemented Ambulatory Control Subjects
- Untrained Ambulatory Control Subjects
- Utah Advanced Computing Summer Institute
- Umpqua Actors Community Theatre (Roseburg, OR)
- United Alliance of Cooperation and Trade
- University of Advancing Computer Technology (Tempe, AZ)
- Urine Antibody Competition Test
- User Advisory Consultative Team (UK)
- Ushamartin Academy of Communication Technology (India)
- Universal Automatic Control and Test Equipment
- Unita Analisi Crimini Violenti (Italian: Violent Crime Analysis Unit; Ministry of the Interior; Italy)
- Unmanned Aerial Combat Vehicle (various armed forces)
Samples in periodicals archive:
You may have something called upper airway cough syndrome.
Therefore, the guidelines recommend that for adults with acute cough or upper airway cough syndrome (previously named postnasal drip syndrome), an older variety antihistamine with a decongestant is the preferred therapy.