During the Euro 2012 final earlier this month, Twitter users fired off more than 15,000 updates per second.
What does UPS stand for?
UPS stands for Updates Per Second (stock market data)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UPS
We have 209 other meanings of UPS in our Acronym Attic
- Universite Paris-Sud (French: South Paris University; Paris, France)
- Université Paul Sabatier (Tolouse, France)
- University of Puget Sound
- University Payroll Services (various schools)
- University Policy Statement
- University Preparation School (California)
- University Property Services (UK)
- Unix Print Services
- Unpredictable Processing System
- Unusual Pile of Sticks (geocaching)
- Urban Planning Service (Australia)
- Urgent Power Supply
- Useful Public Service (various locations)
- User Planning System
- Utility Pricing Solutions (software: Hewlett-Packard)
- Uninterruptible Power Supply Volt-Amp
- Unclassified Professional Staff Association
- Undergraduate Political Science Association
- Undergraduate Psychology Students' Association
- Union Professionnelle Suisse de l'Automobile
Samples in periodicals archive:
With an average of 500-600 thousand options price updates per second and over 2 million during burst levels, organizations typically require five or six servers to process the current volume of OPRA quotes and last sale data used by the trading community.
CodeStreet Market Data Metrics is able to stress test RMDS infrastructure by simulating a high update rate feed handler by replaying recorded market data at rates up to hundreds of thousands of updates per second.
com/cgi-bin/prnh/20070316/NYF045-LOGO) Tests performed by the Securities Technology Analysis Center (STAC) have benchmarked the Ticker Plant for a mean latency of 80 microseconds at a data rate of 1 million updates per second across redundant lines (2 million updates per second aggregate).
With true 200 updates per second speed, and a selectable resolution of to 40,000 expanded displayed graduation, controller can be used in a wide variety of batching and weight control applications.
The grid can also perform thousands of updates per second that show as instantaneous refreshes on-screen.
options data is one of the most challenging data sets in the world because of its volume, which will soon exceed one million updates per second," says Frank Piasecki, President of ACTIV Financial.
According to Rosanna Teti, the new system provides exceptional performance and capacity: - Processing 200,000 price updates per second per processing units; - Handling 100,000 orders per second per processing unit; - Delivering an average response time of less than 20 milliseconds; - Running on multiple platforms: UNIX, LINUX and WINDOWS.