A recent review has concluded that the Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) Tactical Reconnaissance and Counter-Concealment Enabled Radar (TRACER) system is acceptable for integration onto manned and unmanned aerial platforms.
What does UAP stand for?
UAP stands for Unmanned Aerial Platform
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UAP
We have 91 other meanings of UAP in our Acronym Attic
- Universidad Adventista Del Plata (Spanish: River Plate Adventist University; Libertador San Martín, Argentina)
- Universidad Alas Peruanas (Peruvian university)
- University Academic Program (Canada)
- University Affiliated Program
- University Assistance Program (various universities)
- University of Alberta Press (Canada)
- University of Asia and the Pacific (Pasig City, Philippines)
- University of Asia Pacific (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Unknown At Present
- Unlicensed Assistive Personnel
Samples in periodicals archive:
Contained in a 15-inch turret, the advanced sensors can be placed on either manned or unmanned aerial platforms.
The Strategy Analytics Advanced Defense Systems (ADS) service forecasts that US expenditure for military unmanned aerial platforms is approaching $64 billion, cumulatively, over the 2011 to 2021 timeframe, as described in the report, " US DoD Budget Implications for UAS Electronics Demand .
ICS is the common computing environment for 13 of the 14 platforms in the FCS family of systems, which comprises a network of sensors, unmanned aerial platforms and manned and unmanned ground platforms.
In this capacity, Electronic Systems will have responsibility for integrating the surveillance, reconnaissance and target acquisition systems on the FCS unmanned aerial platform.
The team will select technologies and develop specifications to support key FCS communications performance characteristics such as survivability, interoperability, mobile secure communications, and apply them on manned and unmanned ground platforms, as well as on unmanned aerial platforms.
Battle Lab test results show that tactical advantages can be gained by teaming manned and unmanned aerial platforms to conduct tactical reconnaissance.