However, the legal framework governing the delegation of clinical tasks to unlicensed assistive personnel varies greatly from state to state.
What does UAP stand for?
UAP stands for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UAP
We have 91 other meanings of UAP in our Acronym Attic
- Universal Availibility of Publications (Library)
- Universidad Adventista Del Plata (Spanish: River Plate Adventist University; Libertador San Martín, Argentina)
- Universidad Alas Peruanas (Peruvian university)
- University Academic Program (Canada)
- University Affiliated Program
- University Assistance Program (various universities)
- University of Alberta Press (Canada)
- University of Asia and the Pacific (Pasig City, Philippines)
- University of Asia Pacific (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Unknown At Present
Samples in periodicals archive:
The revised Standards for Differentiated Competencies of the Nursing Workforce at the Time of Entry into Practice, published by the New Mexico Center for Nursing Excellence, is a document that provides a philosophical basis for nursing in New Mexico and identifies five key areas with specific competencies for unlicensed assistive personnel through Ph.
Host a hearing before city council or hold a town meeting on nursing's concerns about the recent trends in health care (nurses being replaced by unlicensed assistive personnel, safety and quality of care issues, etc.
However, due to the ongoing nursing shortage and rising health care costs, nurse vacancies are either not being filled or professional nursing positions are being replaced by unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP).
Check out this site for the background, definitions, delegation guidelines, and a decision tree to help registered nurses with delegation issues to unlicensed assistive personnel.
According to Policy 60-02, these students are considered by the Board to be unlicensed assistive personnel, and are to be identified by the title "nursing student extern" and wear a name badge with the title clearly visible.
95 Paperback RM147 For training of Unlicensed Assistive Personnel, this book describes, mostly in an outline format, the knowledge and skills needed to perform advanced medication administration tasks under clinical supervision.
This means in certain settings registered nurses are permitted to "delegate" certain nursing tasks to unlicensed assistive personnel (UAPs).