Using IBM's UNIX Systems Services, files are directly accessed on the server for maintaining, compiling, building and executing programs.
What does USS stand for?
USS stands for Unix Systems Services
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of USS
We have 149 other meanings of USS in our Acronym Attic
- United States Swimming
- Unity Secondary School (Singapore)
- Universal Spine System (medical equipment)
- Universal Studios Singapore (movie theme park)
- Universal Support System
- Universal Suppression Service (software)
- Universities Superannuation Scheme (UK)
- University Student Senate (various schools)
- University Support Services (various universities)
- Unix System Services (IBM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Supported platforms for these powerful features now include IBM MVS mainframe with Unix Systems Services, AIX, HP/UX, Solaris and Linux as well as Windows NT/2000/XP.
OS/390 Unix Systems Services (USS), previously known as OpenEdition/MVS is a true UNIX operating environment that is an integral part or OS/390 systems.
About Visual SlickEdit for S/390 -- Visual SlickEdit for S/390 executes on the host, an S/390 Parallel Enterprise server utilizing IBM's UNIX Systems Services.