The UNIX computing environment has long enjoyed a great reputation for being associated with enterprise class, robust, secure, business and mission critical implementations.
What does UX stand for?
UX stands for Unix
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of UX
- Up With Youth (United Methodist Church, Rocky Mountain Conference)
- United Way of York County
- United World Youth Council
- University of Waterloo Young Liberals (Canada)
- University of Wyoming (Laramie, Wyoming)
- United Way of York Region (Canada)
- University of Wisconsin Zoological Museum (Madison, WI)
- Air Europa (airline code)
- Postal Card (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Uninterruptible Power Supply
- User Experience
- Uxor (Wife)
- United Experiments of America (band)
- Uranium Exploration Australia Limited
- User Experience Alliance (est. 2005)
- Upsilon Xi Alumni Association (Cleveland, TN)
- Unexploded Bomb
- User Experience Blog
- Air Post Postal Card (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- User Experience Design (annotated web resources)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To allow clients to share access to a file, NT and Unix operating systems use different implementations for three types of file locking features: (1) file locks to protect an entire file; (2) record locks to protect portions of a file defined by an offset into the file and a range of bytes from that offset; and (3) cache locks to protect the coherency (stability) of a file shared over the network.
WHAT'S COVERED Platforms studied in this guide include DOS, Windows and Unix products.
This article explores the advantages of Unix and helps accountants determine whether they should consider switching to this operating system.
WYSE ANNOUNCES SUPPORT FOR USL'S UNIX SYSTEM V RELEASE 4.
2 for UNIX Enables Customers to Efficiently Manage Application Access in Heterogeneous Computing Environments Citrix Systems, Inc.
Nasdaq: CALD) has announced the validation of Oracle9i Database for Linux on Caldera Open UNIX 8.
4, 2001 Both Unix and Windows can be Managed from a Single Web-Based Infrastructure to Maximize Use of Hardware and Enhance Integrated Enterprise Reporting Altiris(R) Inc.