Le Boeuf in Developing University-Industry Relations offer examples of how to form and sustain these still-novel relationships and overcome their difficult-to-predict challenges.
What does UIR stand for?
UIR stands for University-Industry Relations (various schools)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UIR
We have 30 other meanings of UIR in our Acronym Attic
- Upper-Inner Quadrant
- Urinary Incontinence Questionnaire
- User Interface IQ (smartphones)
- Universal Image Quality Index
- Umatilla Indian Reservation (Oregon)
- Unemployment Insurance Reporter (CCH)
- Unidentified Infrared Feature
- Uniform Impedance Resonator
- Unitary Irreducible Representation (mathematics)
- United Islamic Republic (fictional organization)
- Unusual Incident Report
- Upper Flight Information Region
- User Incident Report
- User Interface Requirement
- Wire Connector (used on drawings, etc.; phonetically, UIR sounds like 'wire')
- United Indian Rodeo Association
- United Islamic Revolutionary Army (fundamentalist group; India)
- University of Idaho Retirees Association (Moscow, ID)
- Urban Infill and Redevelopment Area (Florida)
- Upper Illinois River Basin
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ongoing communication between the knowledge producers and users is the key to effective innovation systems: the overwhelming evidence from successful university-industry relations is that the priorities of basic science have long been aligned with the needs of industry.
About AURP A non-profit international organization, AURP represents research, science or technology parks, which are designed to promote university-industry relations, to foster innovation, and to facilitate the transfer of technology from academe to the private sector.