Secondly, it was indirectly instrumental in establishing the five vocationally-oriented colleges in Cardiff, four of which merged in 1976 to form University of Wales Institute Cardiff (Uwic), which is now Cardiff Metropolitan University.
What does UWIC stand for?
UWIC stands for University of Wales Institute Cardiff (Wales, UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UWIC
We have 1 other meaning of UWIC in our Acronym Attic
- University of Warwick Hurd User Group (UK)
- Unattended Windows Installer
- Unique Well Identifier
- Unisoft Wares, Inc.
- United Water Idaho Inc. (Boise, ID)
- United Water International (Australia and New Zealand)
- United Way International
- University of the West Indies
- University of the West Indies Alumni Association (Trinidad and Tobago)
- United Western Insurance Brokers (Pasadena, CA)
- University Wide Impact Committee (Southern Connecticut State University; New Haven, CT)
- University of the West Indies Center for Environment and Development
- University of Washington Internet Connectivity Kit
- University of Washington Image Computing Library
- University of the West Indies Distance Education Centre
- University of the West Indies Distance Teaching Experiment
- Utility Wind Interest Group
- University of Waterloo International Health Development Association (Canada)
- Underwater Inspection in Lieu of Dry Docking
- University of Washington Information Literacy Learning
Samples in periodicals archive:
Education minister Jane Hutt said the review will be chaired by Prof David Egan from the University of Wales Institute Cardiff.
CARDIFF council's sports development team has formed a new partnership with the University of Wales Institute Cardiff (Uwic) to encourage students to volunteer.
The Watford-based firm was awarded the parking contract at the University of Wales Institute Cardiff in September 2006.
The University of Wales Institute Cardiff plans to transform the site by transferring its school of hospitality, tourism and leisure management from Colchester Avenue in Cardiff.
The University of Wales Institute Cardiff (Uwic) won praise for how much it spent on student facilities, though it had a relatively lower number of students gaining firsts and 2:1s.
He has a wealth of experience which includes reaching the final of the Wales Chef of the Year twice and lecturing on catering and corporate hospitality at the University of Wales Institute Cardiff.
The courses at the University of Wales Institute Cardiff (Uwic) would result in a degree which could open the door to a career.