95 Paperback Z682 Lawson, director of admissions and student affairs at the University of Michigan School of Information, provides information on eight emerging information careers, including archives and preservation, records management, library and information services, social computing, and information policy.
What does UMSI stand for?
UMSI stands for University of Michigan School of Information
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UMSI
We have 2 other meanings of UMSI in our Acronym Attic
- University of Maine Student Government
- Upper Midwest Soapmakers Guild
- Urban Ministries Serving God (Kenya)
- Urban Ministries Support Group (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Utrechts Medisch Sigaren Genootschap (Dutch: Utrecht Medical Cigar Society)
- Hamadan University of Medical Sciences
- University of Maryland Statewide Health Network
- UNCF (United Negro College Fund)/Merck Science Initiative (Fairfax, VA)
- Undergraduate to Medical School Initiative (Texas Tech University)
- United Merchant Services, Inc. (Hackensack, NJ)
- University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
- Utility Mapping Services, Inc. (subsurface utility engineering)
- Unternehmensvernetzung Mit Standard Internet Technologien (German: Enterprise Networking with Standard Internet Technologies)
- University of Missouri School of Journalism
- Upah Minimum Sektoral Kabupaten (Indonesian: Minimum Wage Sectoral District; Indonesia)
- University of Manitoba Soccer League (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)
- University of Missouri - St Louis
- University Medical School Librarians Group
- United Methodist Student Movement
- University of Maryland School of Medicine
Samples in periodicals archive:
The University of Michigan School of Information Executive Education program, in collaboration with social computing company NewsGator, is offering "Making Social Computing Work in Your Enterprise," a course for the business community.
We've clearly documented extensive grass-roots activity in the scientific and engineering research community to create and use cyberinfrastructure to empower the next wave of discovery," said Dan Atkins, chair of the advisory committee and professor in the University of Michigan School of Information and the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
lNathaniel Bulkley, a doctoral student working with assistant professor Marshall Van Alstyne at the University of Michigan School of Information, won the first annual Visible Path Graduate Student Award for new research on social networks and professional performance, the International Network for Social Network Analysis announced (INSNA) today.
Most recently, she served as Director of Program Development at the University of Michigan School of Information in Ann Arbor.
Many people associate PICS with blocking or filtering, but Alexa's service demonstrates a purely informational use of PICS labels--Alexa displays RSACi's labels whenever users ask to see them, but doesn't block access to anything," said Professor Paul Resnick, University of Michigan School of Information and chair of the PICS Interest Group at W3C.