a privately held company in Rockville, Maryland, and the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute (UMBI) announced the receipt of a multi-year Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Grant from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) of the National Institutes of Health.
What does UMBI stand for?
UMBI stands for University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UMBI
We have 1 other meaning of UMBI in our Acronym Attic
- University of Maryland Baltimore College
- Uluguru Mountains Biodiversity Conservation Project (Tanzania)
- Upper Mustang Biodiversity Conservation Project (Nepal)
- University of Manchester Bioinformatics Education and Research (UK)
- University of Maryland Baltimore Foundation, Inc.
- University of Mississippi Biological Field Station (northeast of Oxford, Mississippi)
- University of Miami Behavioral Health (Miami, FL)
- Upper Midwest Buckskin Horse Association (formerly Upper Mississippi Buckskin Horse Association)
- Upper Mississippi Buckskin Horse Association, Inc.
- Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury (insurance)
- Usa Marine Biological Institute (Japan)
- Upper Midwest Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (Minneapolis, MN)
- You Must Be Kidding
- Union Mills Branch Library (Union Mills, IN)
- University of Mindanao Broadcasting Network (Philippines)
- United Machine-Building Plants (Russia)
- Universal Multiple Bomb Rack
- [not an acronym] US Codeword for high grade SIGINT
- Upper Mississippi River Basin Association
- Umbral Missions Blocking Radiating Astronomical Sources
Samples in periodicals archive:
University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute (Rockville, MD) and University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) has patented homogeneous phase enzyme-catalyzed processes for producing modified chitosan polymers or oligomers.
Still, the result "has undermined an assumption that was floating around in this fields says insect molecular geneticist David O'Brochta of the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute in Shady Grove.
Earlier, he was Vice President of the Technology Transfer Office at the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute.
And Louisa Wu of the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute in College Park plans to use DNA chips to address how the insect's immune system functions.
com) and the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute MDBioproSM (GMP Biomanufacturing Program): establishing a quality system and manufacturing processes for the current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) production of the company's freeze-dried platelet products for both diagnostic and therapeutic indications.
You would have to monitor [the waste] forever," notes William Jones of the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute in Baltimore.
Prolias, a biotechnology company working to discover and develop novel therapeutic proteins and antibodies for treatment of disease, today announced a strategic acquisition of technology from the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute (UMBI).