I could end up going to Afghanistan or do anti-drugs work in the Caribbean or going to Somalia and South Africa for anti-piracy," said the Naval Lieutenant, who is training with the Wales University Royal Naval Unit (URNU) in Penarth.
What does URNU stand for?
URNU stands for University Royal Naval Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- University Radio Nottingham (UK)
- Unternehmensgesellschaft Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Neckar GmbH (German)
- User Requirements Notation
- United Rentals North America, Inc.
- Utvar Rychleho Nasazeni (Czech republic police squad)
- universally recognized as nondiabetic
- University of Richmond National Debate Institute (Richmond, VA)
- Unidad Revolucionaria Nacional Guatemalteca (Spanish: National Guatemalan Revolutionary Unit)
- Uniform Random Number Generator (computing)
- Upper Republican Natural Resources District (Nebraska)
- Rouen, France - Rouen /Boos Airport (Airport Code)
- Ulises Ruiz Ortiz (Mexican governor)
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity
- Unit Requirements Officer
- Unrestricted Operations
- User Read Out
- Utilization Review Organization
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities in Computing (various locations)
- United Railroad Operating Crafts
- United Republicans of California (est. 1963)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among those to tour the ship today are students from the North East University Royal Naval Unit and members of the Durham and Northallerton Royal Naval Associations.
The Wales University Royal Naval unit, based at HMS Cambria in Sully, organised a Pledge Auction for the children's hospice charity.
He heads up the University Royal Naval Unit, where students from Durham, Newcastle and Northumbria Universities learn about and experience naval life.
As one of the Royal Navy's youngest serving commanding officers, Lt Nelson, 29, also heads up the University Royal Naval Unit (URNU) where students from Durham, Newcastle and Northumbria universities gain practical experience in seamanship, navigation and engineering skills on HMS Example.
The two University Royal Naval Unit patrol boats, moored at Gateshead's HMS Calliope, led the 100-strong fleet towards Spiller's Quay where a green flare signalled the start of the parade.
He added: "HMS Calliope has about 450 personnel and is home base for the Royal Naval Reserves, University Royal Naval Unit and the Defence Technical Undergraduate Scheme.
The vessel is part of the Northumbrian University Royal Naval Unit, based on HMS Calliope, one of only five Royal Navy warships to have a female commanding officer.