David spent most of his working life as head of the English department at the prestigious University College School, but he also made a name for himself in numerous other areas of the arts.
What does UCS stand for?
UCS stands for University College School (London, England)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UCS
We have 194 other meanings of UCS in our Acronym Attic
- Universal Communications Systems, Incorporated
- Universal Component System
- Universal Computer Services (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Universal Computer System
- Universal Connectivity System (network connectivity and monitoring)
- Universal Control System
- Universal Coordinate System
- Universal Multiple-Octet Coded Character Set
- Universidade de Caxias do Sul (Brazil)
- University Campus Suffolk (Ipswich, UK)
- University Computer Services
- University Computer System
- University Counselling Service (various locations)
- University of Connecticut, Storrs (Storrs, CT)
- UNMIK (UN Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo) Customs Service
- Up Center Stage
- Upon Close Scrutiny
- Upper Cervical Spine
- User Coordinate System
- Utica Community Schools (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was born in 1943 and grew up in Hampstead, north London where he went to University College school.
After an education at University College School, Frognal, north London, he decided on a career in journalism, contributing to local papers, before applying for a job as a reporter with Southern TV.
His expulsion from University College School for truant behavior was, in fact, a preview of his inherent nonconformism, which kept him apart from institutional affiliations.
The British investigator study(a) was carried out at the National Medical Laser Centre, and the Royal Free and University College School of Medicine, London.
He went to the fee-paying University College School in Hampstead, whose pupils represented every cliche of the bookish, liberal, self-consciously cosmopolitan corner of London in which it was situated.
From the University College School,Hampstead, young Gunn served his National Service,before studying English at Trinity College,Cambridge, where he met the American student Mike Kitay.
Previously: IBM 1961-92; 13 years as a director; MD RAC Motoring Services 1992-95 Born 16/01/1940 Harrow, Middlese Spouse/ptnr Georgina Elizabeth Children Amanda, Jane, and Sarah Educ University College School, Hampstead; St Johns College, Cambridge; MA Other info/interests Local history; music; reading; golf; tennis; fishing; gliding The Worshipful Company of Information Technologists; British Computer Society; Oxford and Cambridge ClubBritish Institute of Management Contact Bossington Mill, Houghton, Nr Stockbridge, Hants.