00 Hardcover CD973 Stockinger (Oriental languages and civilization and cognitive and new media semiotics, Foundation Maison des Sciences de l'Homme, Paris) presents and critiques a metalanguage of description he has created to allow anyone to carry out analyses of all sorts of audiovisual texts or corpora of texts documenting the universe of discourse of an audiovisual archive.
What does UoD stand for?
UoD stands for Universe of Discourse
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UoD
We have 26 other meanings of UoD in our Acronym Attic
- Unión Obrera de la Construcción de la República Argentina
- Unión Obrera de la Construcción de la República Argentina (Spanish: Construction Workers of Argentin Union)
- Uniform Offense Citation Table
- University Ophthalmic Consultants of Washington
- Ultimate Oxygen Demand
- Understanding Our Differences (est. 1978; Newton, MA)
- Unexploded Ordnance Disposal
- Uniform of the Day
- Unit Of Delivery
- Unit of Destruction (gaming clan)
- University of Durham (UK)
- Unless Otherwise Directed
- Unsecured Overdraft (banking)
- User-Oriented Design
- User-Owned Device
- University of Development Alternative (Bangladesh)
- Use of Deadly Force
- Union Olympique Demi-Lunoise (French: Demi-Lunoise Olympic Union; Tassin-la-Demi-Lune, France)
- University of Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations
- University of Detroit Mercy Library (Detroit, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nevertheless, Basser challenges scholarship's uncritical preference for early materials to exclusively reflect the gospel's context by also asserting the value of later texts that, he argues, interact with it in a "shared symbolic universe of discourse in common contexts" (p.
According to Elman this literature ultimately reflects back onto Rabbinic texts: "these two systems of law, the Sasanian and the rabbinic, overlapping in time and space, and in many respects sharing a common universe of discourse, a common economy and to a larger extent than we might have anticipated, a common culture, proceed in intellectually similar directions" (p.
2] be fuzzy sets on the universe of discourse X with [absolute value of X] < [infinity] and [A.
Though undoubtedly spiritual, Merici does not fit into the same universe of discourse as Teresa of Avila.
If you function in a universe of discourse where there is nothing but the material world as claimed by modern science, then there is no choice but to explain higher life forms as the evolution of lower forms and reducible ultimately to material aggregates.
The framework aims to be inclusive by (a) including concepts from as wide a range of career development theories as possible, (b) including both career development and career intervention considerations in a common universe of discourse, and (c) seeking to be applicable to diverse population groups.
In other words, endopsychic theory is a universe of discourse unto itself.