There is little doubt that for boys, educators and even many military figures, the Junior Cadet system was the most popular portion of the overall scheme of universal military training.
What does UMT stand for?
UMT stands for Universal Military Training
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UMT
We have 48 other meanings of UMT in our Acronym Attic
- University of Minnesota School of Social Work
- University of Medical Sciences and Technology (Sudan)
- Unmanned Maritime Systems Technology (Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International)
- University of Manitoba Students Union
- University of Melbourne Student Union (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
- Unmetered Supplies User Group (current-drawing electronic equipment users' group)
- Unified Modeling Technique
- Union Marocaine du Travail (French: Union of Moroccan Workers)
- Unit Ministry Team
- Universal Mercator Time
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (Malaysia)
- University of Management and Technology (Lahore, Pakistan)
- Upper Merion Township (Pennsylvania)
- Uranium Mill Tailings
- Unified Metropolitan Transport Authority (India)
- Union of Myanmar Travel Association (Yangon, Myanmar)
- Universal Mobile Telephony Association
- Upper Midwest Trials Association (motorcycles)
- Urban Mass Transportation Administration (aka Urban Mass Transit Administration; US DOT)
- Utah Music Teachers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Republican Congressmen Nick Smith of Michigan and Curt Weldon of Pennsylvania have co-sponsored the Universal Military Training and Service Act, which would require all males age 18 to 22 to perform national service in either the military or in a domestic "homeland security" function.
introduced the Universal Military Training and Service Act of 2001, a bill instituting the conscription of all male citizens and residents between the ages of 18 and 22 for a year of military training.