The 2010 Universal Medical Device Nomenclature System (UMDNS) now contains 24,544 terms covering the expanse of medical devices and equipment used for modern healthcare delivery, including information systems, software, in vitro diagnostics, molecular and genetic tests, capital equipment, implantable devices, assistive devices, and consumables.
What does UMDNS stand for?
UMDNS stands for Universal Medical Device Nomenclature System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Union of the Masses for Democracy and Justice (political group)
- University of Michigan Digital Library
- Unstructured Minimum Descriptive Length
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth (college sports)
- University of Miami Department of Mathematics (Florida)
- University of Michigan Dance Marathon
- Union Members Discount Network
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Rutgers Medical School (New Brunswick)
- University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey - School of Public Health
- University of Melbourne Departments of Otolaryngology and Electrical Engineering (Australia)
- Uniform Mortgage Data Program (Federal National Mortgage Association and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation)
- United Muslim Democratic Party (political party)
- University Management Development Program (University of North Carolina)
- upstream of the muscular dystrophin promoter
- University of Maryland Department of Public Safety
- Union Member Discount Services
- United Medical and Dental Schools
- Universal Mail Delivery Service (logistics; Van Nuys, CA)
- University of Marketing and Distribution Sciences (Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, Neoforma will incorporate standard medical product nomenclature consistent with ECRI's Universal Medical Device Nomenclature System (UMDNS).
Many of our customers have chosen ECRI Institute's Universal Medical Device Nomenclature System (UMDNS) and Sourcebase manufacturer codes for this purpose.