UNESCO, for instance, has taken the bull by the horn and even formed other sub-bodies such as universal availability of publications, (UAP); universal availability of information (UAI) among others, to tackle the problem of universal bibliographic control (UBC) and Africa is not left out.
What does UBC stand for?
UBC stands for Universal Bibliographic Control
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of UBC
We have 133 other meanings of UBC in our Acronym Attic
- Union Baptist Church (various cities)
- Union of Baltic Cities
- Union of the Baltic Cities
- Unique Broadcasting Company (London, UK)
- Unit Being Calibrated
- United Baptist Convention
- United Broadcast Corporation
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters
- United Business Centres (UK)
- Universal Battery Charger
- Universal Billing Code (medical)
- Universal Block Channel
- Universal Bluepoint Corporation (El Segundo, CA)
- Universal Buffer Controller
- University Baptist Church (various locations)
- University Budget Committee (various universities)
- University of British Columbia
- Unrestricted Binary Code
- Used Beverage Cans
- Used Beverage Container
Samples in periodicals archive:
The dream of universal bibliographic control seems quite remote.
It is interesting to note that the working group realized that "the IFLA goal of Universal Bibliographic Control by way of requiring everyone to use the same form of headings globally is not practical.