UNIVAC, short for Universal Automatic Computer, was a large-scale, general-purpose commercial electronic computing system designed to satisfy the diverse needs of business management.
What does UNIVAC stand for?
UNIVAC stands for Universal Automatic Computer (first mainframe computer for general business use; designed by Mauchly and Eckert)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- University Network Integrated Telecommunications System (The Ohio State University)
- Unbounded Nondeterministic Iterative Transformations
- Unified Nevada Information Technology for Youth (child welfare)
- United National Indian Tribal Youth, Inc.
- United Neighboring Interdependent Trusted Youth (est. 1994; North Adams, MA)
- United Neighbors in Touch with the Youth
- University of Udine (Italy)
- Universidad del Valle de Atemajac (university in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico)
- Université des Antilles et de la Guyane (French: University of the Antilles and Guyana)
- Universidade do Vale do Paraíba (São Paulo,Brazil)
- Universidade da Cidade (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- [not an acronym] UNIX is a pun on MULTICS
- Uniplexed Information and Computing System
- Universal Info Exchange
- Universal Interactive Executive
- Universal Network Information Exchange
- United Nations International Year 2000 Coordination Center
- Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain)