Many in the group were members of United We Stand America and had supported former Colorado governor Richard Lamm, who unsuccessfully competed with Perot for the Reform Party's presidential nomination in the summer of 1996.
What does UWSA stand for?
UWSA stands for United We Stand America
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UWSA
We have 11 other meanings of UWSA in our Acronym Attic
- Urgent Weather SIGMET
- URL (Uniform Resource Locator) Web Service (server protocols)
- User Work Station
- Utah Watercolor Society
- University of Wisconsin System-School Library Education Consortium
- Ultra-Wideband Spectrum Allocation
- Undergraduate Women's Studies Association
- Union Water Service Area (Canada)
- United Wa State Army (Burma)
- United Water Services Atlanta
- University of Waterloo School of Architecture (Cambridge, Ontario, Canada)
- University of Windsor Students' Alliance
- University of Winnipeg Students’ Association
- University of Wisconsin System Administration
- Urban Water and Sewerage Authority
- Unified Web Site Accessibility Guidelines (Trace Research and Development Center; University of Wisconsin)
- United Web Site Award Givers
- United Way of Santa Barbara (California)
- University of Washington Speakers Bureau (Seattle, Washington)
- United Way of Saginaw County (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Campaign reform is an issue that unites the traditional progressive coalition with the so-called "populist" groups, including United We Stand America, taxpayer's revolt groups, GATT and NAFTA opponents, term limit advocates and even America Firsters like Pat Buchanan.
The Perot surprise came as an abrupt about-face from his statement at the United We Stand America (UWSA) convention in Dallas last August that the most constructive action his organization could take would be "to revitalize the two parties.
Siebel states: "I was a volunteer in the 1992 and 1996 Perot presidential campaigns, a founding member in United We Stand America and the National and Tennessee Reform Party organizations.
By an overwhelming 61 percent of the vote, they approved Proposition 208, a tough but reasonable plan sponsored by the League of Women Voters of California, AARP, Common Cause and United We Stand America.
Ross Perot and his organization, United We Stand America, organized the conference to hear from both the nation's political parties and from the Republican Presidential candidates.
The Concord Coalition and Ross Perot's United We Stand America can mobilize thousands of people to work against candidates those organizations consider fiscally irresponsible.
Perot doesn't trust them to vote the way he wants them to,'' said New Yorker Herb Rosenberg, a former member of an earlier incarnation of Perot's political party, United We Stand America.