The Likud-led right-wing coalition is made up of three ministers from Yisrael Beiteinu (Israel Our Home - a Revisionist Zionist party), Yesh Atid (There is a Future or Future Party), and Meretz; the Ultra-Orthodox party United Torah Judaism walks out of Netanyahu's address to protest being left out of coalition.
What does UTJ stand for?
UTJ stands for United Torah Judaism (Israeli political party)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UTJ
We have 8 other meanings of UTJ in our Acronym Attic
- Urinary Trypsin Inhibitor Related Antigen
- Under the Iron Sea (Keane music album)
- Unione Totoricevitori Italiani Sportivi (Italian: Italian Sports Union Totoricevitori; sports league)
- University of Toronto Interdisciplinary Symposium on the Mind (Canada)
- Ultra Tech for Integrated Solutions & Services (Sudan)
- United Teachers of Island Trees
- Ultimate Triple Junction (solar cell)
- Unidad Técnico Jurídica (Guatemala)
- Unión de Trabajadores de Jalapa (Union of Workers of Jalapa, Guatemala)
- Union for Traditional Judaism (Jewish halakhic transdenominational outreach organization)
- Université pour Tous du Jovinien (French: University for All, Jovinian)
- Ultrasonic Trim Knife (Sonicut-2)
- Under the Knife (baseball)
- Unit Tindak Khas (Malaysia police special action unit)
- University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- University of Tokyo (Japan)
- Unleash the Kraken
- Unreal Tournament Knights
- Unilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty (medical procedure)
- Universal Tae Kwon Do (martial arts school; Elkhart, IN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Movement party led by former Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni gained six seats, the United Torah Judaism seven seats and the left Meretz party six seats as well.
The Ashkenazi ultra-Orthodox United Torah Judaism faction won seven seats, bringing the bloc's total to 60.
We will use the term Mexican flu in order not to have to pronounce the word swine," said Litzman, a member of the ultra-religious United Torah Judaism party.
Coalition strengthened Meanwhile, the government of Binyamin Netanyahu, the new prime minister, was strengthened when the five MPs of the United Torah Judaism party joined the coalition.
If the Shas decision is final, Livni could still form a coalition with other smaller parties, including the leftwing Meretz party, which has five seats, the Pensioners party, with four seats, or United Torah Judaism, an ultra-Orthodox party with six seats.
Other possible coalition partners are the ultra-orthodox Shas and United Torah Judaism parties, the leftwing Meretz, and the new Pensioners party.
In response, Sharon fired the ministers and deputy ministers from the two parties, Shas and United Torah Judaism.