Cincinnati On February 12, members of the United Steelworkers of America protested in front of the offices of Radio 700 WLW, because the station canceled a January 30 appearance by union representative Mike Zielinski on the "Bill Cunningham Show.
What does USWA stand for?
USWA stands for United Steelworkers of America
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of USWA
We have 7 other meanings of USWA in our Acronym Attic
- US West Telecommunications (stock symbol)
- US Wheat Associates
- Undersea Warfare Decision Support System
- Undersea Warfare and/or Undersea Warfare Commander (US DoD)
- United States Warehouse Act of 1916
- United States Waveski Association (est. 2007)
- United States Windsurfing Association
- United States Withholding Agent (taxes)
- United States Wrestling Association
- United States Wristwrestling Association
- US Wheat Associates
- United Steel Workers of America-Canadian Branch
- United States Women's Army Corps Center
- United States Women's Army Corps School
- Utility Solid Waste Activities Group
- Used Supplies with a Purpose (Colorado Rural Health Center)
- US West Advanced Technologies (now Qwest)
- Ultra Short Wheel Base (bicycle)
- United States Weather Bureau
- United States Women’s Bridge Championship (United States Bridge Federation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
13 /PRNewswire/ -- The United Steelworkers of America and Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel Corp.
PITTSBURGH -- News from the United Steelworkers of America: 'Tis the season for RTI International Metals investors to be concerned, according to the debut issue of a financial newsletter published by the United Steelworkers of America (USWA).
PITTSBURGH -- The United Steelworkers of America announced today that they have asked the Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate whether titanium producer RTI International Metals (NYSE:RTI) violated federal securities law by failing to notify shareholders how much RTI's recent modification of its supplemental executive retirement plan will cost the Company.
4 /PRNewswire/ -- The United Steelworkers of America today issued the following information: Allegheny Ludlum (NYSE: ALS) salaried workers filed a petition with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) today for a union election.
PITTSBURGH -- News from the United Steelworkers of America: The United Steelworkers of America and Con Hitchcock will hold a teleconference on Thursday, October 21 at 1 p.
3 /PRNewswire/ -- The United Steelworkers of America (USWA) said today it would vigorously oppose the AK Steel Corp.
MINNEAPOLIS -- The United Steelworkers of America (USWA) called for dramatically expanding protection of retiree benefits for American workers after the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) took control of the Kaiser Aluminum Pension Plan (KAPP) on October 5.