Embodying a coveted persona of both strength and elegance, Solo is best known for her commitment and passion as starting goalkeeper for the United States Women's National Team since 2005, as well as her stellar performance in the 2008 Summer Olympics making her a gold medalist, followed by the 2011 World Cup, after which she became known as a true national hero.
What does USWNT stand for?
USWNT stands for United States Women's National Team (soccer)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- User Service Working Group (IETF)
- Utah Solar Working Group (advocacy group)
- Urban Solid Waste Incinerator
- Undergraduate Stern Women in Business (New York University Stern)
- Upper Shore Workforce Investment Board (Wye Mills, MD)
- Undersea Warfare Intelligence Support
- Ugar Sugar Works Limited (India)
- Urban Solid Waste Management
- Urban Storm Water Mitigation Plan
- Uniform State Waterway Marking System
- Undersea Warfare Officer
- United States Wrestling Officials Association
- United Spring Wheat Processors (cooperative)
- United States Water and Power (Venice, CA)
- United States Water Polo, Inc.
- United States Works Progress Administration
- University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences (Tehran, Iran)
- United States Weather Research Program
- Ubiquitous Semantic Web Services (Germany)
- Unihemispheric Slow-Wave Sleep (neuroscience)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's only been 21 years since the United States women's national team won its first international game.
But when you're the United States women's national team bidding farewell on home soil to Mia Hamm and Joy Fawcett, after announcing that this is their final World Cup match, and other veterans such as Julie Foudy, Brandi Chastain and Kristine Lilly, who might soon follow, there is no bigger act in town.
The United States women's national team has survived, arriving in Palo Alto on Friday after a dramatic come-from-behind 3-2 quarterfinal victory over Germany in the Women's World Cup.