Koala's CEO and Chairman Mark Betker indicated that the new acquisition will enable Koala to meet the growing demand for safe surface materials in today's playgrounds: "In June 2000, the United States Public Interest Research Group and the Consumer Federation of America reported that 80% of America's playgrounds lacked adequate surfacing.
What does USPIRG stand for?
USPIRG stands for United States Public Interest Research Group
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of USPIRG in our Acronym Attic
- United States Package Inserts
- United States Postal Inspector (USPIS)
- United States Principal Investigator
- United States Private Investigators
- United States-Philippine Islands
- United Surgical Partners International
- US Protection and Investigations
- United States Private Investigators Association (Springfield, Illinois)
- Unione Scienziati Italiani per il Disarmo
- Ultrasmall Superparamagnetic Particles of Iron Oxide
- United States Postal Inspection Service
- Unionville Slow Pitch League (Ontario, Canada)
- United States Paintball League
- United States Person Libya (exports)
- United States Price List
- Universal Signal Processing Library (computing)
- Uran Shipyard Pvt. Ltd. (Mumbai, India)
- US Shipping Partners LP (Edison, NJ)
- United States Precision Lightning Network (Andover, MA)
- United States Power Metal
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ed Mierzwinski, a researcher with the United States Public Interest Research Group in Washington, was skeptical that consumers are actually better off with the fee shuffling.
28 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to notification of a lawsuit received from the United States Public Interest Research Group, Bayou Steel Corporation (AMEX: BYX), today issued the following statement: "Bayou Steel Corporation has received the formal letter of notice from the United States Public Interest Research Group indicating that several environmental groups and others intend to sue Bayou Steel for alleged violations of the Clean Air Act.