Her comeback is another example of the extraordinary determination, courage, and adaptability which the Russian first showed when leaving home at the age of seven to build a career in what was then to her a very alien country, the United States Open.
What does USO stand for?
USO stands for United States Open
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of USO
We have 52 other meanings of USO in our Acronym Attic
- Unilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy (surgical procedure)
- Unión Sindical Obrera (Spanish: Workers Syndical Union; Spain)
- Union Sportive Orléans (French sports organization)
- Union Sportive Oyonnax (French sports organization)
- Unique Sink Orientation
- Unit Security Officer
- United Service Organizations (provides morale, welfare and recreation-type services to US uniformed military personnel)
- United Solar Ovonic (various locations)
- United Stars Organisation (science fiction)
- United States Oil Fund (stock symbol)
- Universal Service Obligation
- Universal Service Order
- Universitair Symfonisch Orkest (University Symphony Orchestra; Leuven, Belgium)
- University Symphony Orchestra (various universities)
- Unix Software Organization
- Utah Symphony Orchestra (est. 1940)
- Utsjoen Sähköosuuskunta (electric supplier company of Utsjoki, Finland)
- Underwater Society of America
- Uniform System of Accounts
- United States of America (less common)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ENGLAND'S Simon Khan has been called into the field for next week's United States Open - thanks to Justin Rose.
Former United States Open champion Orville Moody, a part-Choctaw Indian nicknamed "Sarge" because of his U.
The United States opens against the Czech Republic on June 12 at Gelsenkirchen, plays Italy on June 17 at Kaiserslautern and finishes the first round against Ghana on June 22 at Nuremberg.
Michelle Wie will try to move a step closer today to becoming the first woman to qualify for the United States Open.
The Masters champion lost the United States Open by two strokes, double-bogeying the 71st, and in the Open at Royal Troon last month, missed out on a play-off by just one.
McGinley, who has just had a week off after missing the halfway cut in the United States Open, has given the reason for his decision as "exhaustion and loss of form".
McGinley, who has just had a week off after missing the halfway cut in the United States Open, has given the reason for his decision as "exhaustion and loss of form.