] The United States Naval Ship (USNS) Comfort lived up to its name yesterday as the medics and crew of the hospital ship continued to provide medical aid to the residents of this devastated land [Port-Au-Prince, Haiti].
What does USNS stand for?
USNS stands for United States Naval Ship (civilian-manned; in service)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of USNS
We have 2 other meanings of USNS in our Acronym Attic
- US Navy Radio and Sound Laboratory
- United States Naval Reserve - Training and Administration of Reserves
- United States National Ramsar Committee
- United States Normal Retail Channel
- United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- US National Research Council
- US Naval Reserve Corps
- United States Naval Radiological Defense Laboratory (San Francisco, California)
- United States Naval Reserve Force (WWI)
- US Navy Recruit Training Command
- United States Naval Station
- United States Navy Seals
- Unrecognised States Numismatic Society (money study society)
- United States National Student Association
- United States Naval Sailing Association
- United States National Security Council
- United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps
- United States Naval Supply Depot
- United States National Support Element
- United States National Science Foundation
Samples in periodicals archive:
and four United States naval ships have been named USS Barry, the most recent one launched in 1992.
PIH was one of the first NGOs to evacuate patients in critical condition to hospitals in the United States and Dominican Republic and is now coordinating the evacuation of patients in critical condition to the United States Naval Ship, the U.