He received a commission as an ensign in the United States Naval Reserve and retired as a lieutenant.
What does USNR stand for?
USNR stands for United States Naval Reserve
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of USNR
We have 4 other meanings of USNR in our Acronym Attic
- United States Naval Observatory, Flagstaff Station
- United States Northern Command
- United States Newspaper Program
- United Sudan National Party (political group)
- You Shall Not Pass
- United States Navy Pacific Missile Test Center
- United States National Parasite Collection (Beltsville, MD)
- United States National Prostatic Cancer Project
- United States Naval Postgraduate School (Monterey, CA)
- United States National Park Service
- United States Navy Regulation
- US Merchant Marine Reserve
- US Merchant Marine Reserve Seagoing (US Navy)
- US Merchant Marine Reserve Coastal Defense
- US Organized Naval Reserve (US Navy)
- US Organized Naval Reserve Aviation (US Navy)
- US Naval Reserve, Selective Volunteer (US Navy)
- US Volunteer Naval Reserve (US Navy)
- US Navy Radio and Sound Laboratory
- United States Naval Reserve - Training and Administration of Reserves
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was a veteran of the United States Coast Guard and also served in the United States Naval Reserve.
A World War II veteran, Burns retired as Lieutenant Commander, United States Naval Reserve after 20 years of service.
It winds up costing them money to be here, but they do it because they are proud to serve in the United States Naval Reserve.
Beginning in 1992, for almost a decade, McGuigan served in the United States Naval Reserve.
In 2004, when his tour concluded, he joined the United States Naval Reserve, and was an active member of the Sea Bees, serving in Iraq.
Whittel, an officer in the United States Naval Reserve for over nine years, received word of the selection on Monday.
From 1958 to 1962 he served as a lieutenant in the United States Naval Reserve.