That figure has consistently been between 80 and 85 percent over the past several years among Americans and among American Catholics, despite the best efforts of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
What does USCCB stand for?
USCCB stands for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (Washington, DC)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of USCCB
- United States, Canada, Caribbean (Rotaract)
- United Students of Color Council
- University of South Carolina Columbia (Fort Jackson, SC)
- US (United States) Sweepstakes Claims Compliance (Las Vegas, NV)
- US Car Centre (French automobile club)
- US Commercial Company (US Navy)
- United States Catholic Catechism for Adults (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- United States Competition Climbing Association
- United States Concealed Carry Association (Jackson, Wisconsin)
- United States Code Congressional and Administrative News
- US Conference of Catholic Bishops (Washington, DC)
- United States Catholic Conference of Bishops Pastoral Office for Care of Migrant Refugees
- United States Christian Chamber of Commerce (Northglenn, CO)
- University Student Counselling and Career Centre (University of Iceland)
- US Correspondence Chess Championship
- US-China Carbon Consortium
- US-China Chamber of Commerce
- United States Cross Country Coaches Association
- United States Commission on Catholic Evangelization (US Conference of Catholic Bishops; Washington, DC)
- United States Cartridge Company (ammunition cartridge headstamp)
Samples in periodicals archive:
JULY 4 MARKED THE CLOSING of the second "Fortnight for Freedom," the initiative spearheaded by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) encouraging dioceses across the country to raise awareness about "threats to religious liberty" the bishops perceive in the US.
In early April, New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan, president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), said, "We have gotten gun-shy .
Source: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops put FOCA back in the limelight after launching a national postcard campaign that urged Congress to oppose federal funding and promotion of abortion.
Diplomat Prouty makes good use of newly-discovered materials from the archives of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and exposes the debates that flared before the Church announced its support for Cesar Chavez and the farmworkers at the later strike over the lettuce fields.
The Catholic educational community is grateful for the most recent statement of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) in support of Catholic elementary and secondary schools.
[Perry is foreign policy adviser in the Office of International Justice and Peace for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.