Country music singer Chely Wright has said the United Service Organizations (USO) stopped inviting her to participate in overseas tours to entertain the troops since she came out gay.
What does USO stand for?
USO stands for United Service Organizations (provides morale, welfare and recreation-type services to US uniformed military personnel)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of USO
We have 52 other meanings of USO in our Acronym Attic
- Unidentified Sliding Object (vehicle)
- Unidentified Submarine Object
- Unidentified Submersible Object
- Unidentified Superconducting Object
- Unilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy (surgical procedure)
- Unión Sindical Obrera (Spanish: Workers Syndical Union; Spain)
- Union Sportive Orléans (French sports organization)
- Union Sportive Oyonnax (French sports organization)
- Unique Sink Orientation
- Unit Security Officer
- United Solar Ovonic (various locations)
- United Stars Organisation (science fiction)
- United States Oil Fund (stock symbol)
- United States Open
- Universal Service Obligation
- Universal Service Order
- Universitair Symfonisch Orkest (University Symphony Orchestra; Leuven, Belgium)
- University Symphony Orchestra (various universities)
- Unix Software Organization
- Utah Symphony Orchestra (est. 1940)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The socialite marked the milestone with a whirlwind of parties and TV appearances, but she took time out from her busy schedule to head to the headquarters of the United Service Organizations, which supports soldiers and their families.
Part of the proceeds from the opening day's sales will be donated to the United Service Organizations (USO) - Greater Los Angeles Area Inc, which provides support to US service personnel and their families.
Government and an established partner of the United Service Organizations (USO).
Then all of us gave one final standing ovation, and we left,'' said friend Johnny Grant, the honorary mayor of Hollywood who accompanied Hope on countless United Service Organizations tours overseas to entertain the U.
NYSE: T) announced today that, in honor of Independence Day, it will work with the United Service Organizations (USO) to distribute an additional 10,000 free prepaid phone cards to U.
in partnership with the United Service Organizations (USO), is proud to announce the finalists for the first annual Microsoft Above and Beyond Awards.
Whether it was on the ``tank docks'' of Honolulu, in the jungles of Vietnam, or aboard an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf, Hope and his entourage of Hollywood entertainers volunteered for United Service Organizations tours.