The United Nurses of Alberta and the Canadian Union of Public Employees, strongly oppose the proposed changes, calling it a "bullying bylaw".
What does UNA stand for?
UNA stands for United Nurses of Alberta (Canada; union)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UNA
We have 76 other meanings of UNA in our Acronym Attic
- United Nations Office of Legal Affairs/Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
- United Nations/Electronic Data Interchange For Administration, Commerce and Transport
- United Nations EDIFACT (Electronic Data Interchange for Finance, Administration, Commerce, and Transport) Guidelines for Trade Data Interchange
- United Nations Code for Ports and Other Locations
- United Nations/North American Hazardous Materials Code
- United Nations / Standard Products and Services Codes
- Ukrainian National Association
- Unique Natural Area (Tompkins County, NY)
- United Nations Association
- Universal Navigational Assistant
- Universal Network Architecture
- Universidad Nacional Agraria (Spanish)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma (Spanish: National Autonomous University; Costa Rica)
- Universitatea Nationala de Aparare (Romania)
- University of North Alabama
- University of the Netherlands Antilles (Netherlands)
- Use No Abbreviations
- Use No Acronyms
- User Needs Analysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
The deal reached by the United Nurses of Alberta averted a walkout and gave the message to other unions to stand up for themselves And, although union membership in Alberta is among the lowest in the country, the strike/lockout of 10,000 provincial Safeway workers had wide public support.
As I end this piece, the United Nurses of Alberta have just concluded a strike vote in which over 80 per cent of their membership voted in favor of strike action--which would be illegal under the law in Alberta as it presently stands, since virtually all government employees are prohibited by law from striking.