United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UN/ISDR).
What does UNISDR stand for?
UNISDR stands for United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Universidad del Istmo (Spanish: Central University; Guatemala)
- University of Surrey (Guildford, England)
- Utah Notification and Information System
- Universiteit van Suid-Afrika (University of South Africa)
- University of South Africa
- University of South Australia
- Universal Naval Integrated Surface-To-Air Missile System
- United Nations International Student Conference of Amsterdam
- Unit on International Security and Cooperation
- United Information Systems Conference
- Uganda National Institute of Special Education
- University Space Engineering Consortium (Japan)
- Universiti Industri Selangor (Malaysian university)
- University of Western Australia's Science Fiction Association (Perth)
- Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos
- United Nations International Scientific Information System
- United Nations Operations in Somalia
- United Nations International Superhero Oversight Network (comic book; Agents of Freedom)
- University Isotope Separator at Oak Ridge
- United Nations Conference on the Exploration and Peaceful Uses of Outer Space
Samples in periodicals archive:
Experts from ESCAP, the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the International Labour Organization (ILO), the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR), the Millennium Campaign, and UN Women took part in the "United Nations MDG Workshop: The Final Push -- Media's role".
ISLAMABAD, May 04, 2011 (Balochistan Times): UN-HABITAT is pleased to announce that the Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA) has been nominated for the prestigious Sasakawa Award from the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) for their earthquake rural housing reconstruction and rehabilitation efforts after the devastating earthquake of October 2005.
Supported by the World Bank and the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) in partnership with the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction and others, the meeting brought together the science, development and insurance communities confronting catastrophe risks.
The Conference has been organized jointly by ECO, Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan (the Ministry for Emergency Situations), and United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) Secretariat.