In 1915, 33 years before the United Nations Genocide Convention was adopted, the Armenian Genocide was condemned by the international community as a crime against humanity.
What does UNGC stand for?
UNGC stands for United Nations Genocide Convention
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UNGC
We have 2 other meanings of UNGC in our Acronym Attic
- UNG's not GNU
- Unguent (ointment, medical)
- Unified Newspaper Group (Madison, WI)
- United States Natural Gas Fund LP (stock symbol)
- University of Geneva (Geneva, Switzerland)
- United Nations General Assembly
- Urinary Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin
- United Nations General Assembly Official Records
- United Nations General Assembly Special Session
- United Nations Global Compact
- United Nations Godzilla Countermeasures Center
- United Nations Guard Contingent in Iraq
- United Nations Global Compact Office
- United Nations Guidelines on Consumer Protection
- United Nations Global Defense Act (UN)
- Unione Nazionale Giovani Dottori Commercialisti (Italy)
- United Nations Global Defense Initiative (Command and Conquer game)
- United Nations Group of Experts on Geographical Names
- United Nations Girls' Education Initiative
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under the United Nations Genocide Convention, adopted in 1948, in the wake of the Holocaust, nations vow to "undertake to prevent and punish the crime of genocide.
Thomas in Fredericton, has previously described residential schools as a form of genocide under the definition of the United Nations genocide convention.