A majority of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) members on Friday voted in favor of Iran's membership despite the US and Canada's opposition.
What does UNESC stand for?
UNESC stands for United Nations Economic and Social Council
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Unequipped Virtual Tributary
- United Nations Emergency Roster
- University of Nebraska Environmental Resource Center (Lincoln, NE)
- Universidad Nacional Experimental Romulo Gallegos (Venezuela)
- Unacknowledged Non-Error Recovery Mode
- United Nations Economic and Social Affairs
- Universidade Estácio de Sá (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- University of New England Students Association (Armidale, New South Wales, Australia)
- National Union of Students of the Emirates
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (aka ESCAP)
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
- Organisation des Nations Unies pour l'Education, la Science et la Culture (French)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (since 1945; Paris, France)
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for West Asia
- United Nations Economic and Social Development
- Union of EU (European Union) Soft Drinks Associations
- Unión de Empresas Siderúrgicas (Spanish: Union of Steelmaking Enterprises; Madrid, Spain)
- University of New England Student Information System
- United Nations Economic and Social Office in Beirut
Samples in periodicals archive:
00 Paperback Economic and social affairs HD1131 This volume collects materials from the debates over poverty and hunger alleviation at the United Nations Economic and Social Council meetings at the 2007 high-level segment.
The UNECE was established in 1947 by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ESOSOC), and is one of five regional commissions of the United Nations.