7 million people, the city is also an important business hub for Ethiopians and hosts the headquarters of the African Union and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa.
What does UNECA stand for?
UNECA stands for United Nations Economic Commission for Africa
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 4 other meanings of UNECA in our Acronym Attic
- Union Nationale des Étudiants Algériens (French: National Union of Algerian Students)
- University of New England Asia Centre
- United Nations Electoral Assistance Division
- Union of National Economic Associations in Japan
- Uganda National Examinations Board
- Universidade do Estado da Bahia (Portuguese: State University of Bahia; Brazil)
- University of Nebraska
- United Engineering Construction (various locations)
- University of Nigeria Enugu Campus
- University Network of European Capitals of Culture
- United NorthEast Community Development Corporation (Indiana)
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
- Universities of England Consortium for International Activities
- United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (est. 1948)
- United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Union de estudiantes del centro y sur de anzoategui
- United Nations Environment and Development
- Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (Spanish: University of Education at Distance)
- United Nations Economic Development Administration
Samples in periodicals archive:
The AfDB, whose Human Capital Development Strategy sees Africa s greatest asset as its one billion people, is working with the African Union Commission (AUC), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) to facilitate a series of regional consultations to set out a Africa common position on the post-2015 agenda.
Created by the award-winning production house Camerapix/A24 Media, and produced for the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, this 75-minute feature is beautifully filmed and scripted and provides stories and insights into trade and the movement of goods, services and people across the continent.
ARSO is a regional standards body which was formed by the AU and United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA ) in 1977.
The 2009 African Women Report by the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), launched in Gambia, warns that women remain a dominant force in the informal sector, particularly as unpaid family workers.
But a slump in export demand and falling commodity prices have led the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa to forecast in May that the growth in the continent would slow to a 20-year low of two percent in 2009.
00 Paperback HC800 Prepared by the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, this report concentrates on macroeconomic policy convergence and monetary and financial integration in the continent's regional economic communities.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa recently stated: "The current growth momentum rests on a very fragile foundation.