He said that joining the network contributes in support Arab efforts that meet related regional and international criteria of the United Nations Convention against Corruption that calls for the formation of a comprehensive legal body to assist countries to take steps to fight corruption with competency and effectiveness.
What does UNCAC stand for?
UNCAC stands for United Nations Convention Against Corruption
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UNCAC
- University of North Carolina - Greensboro
- University of North Carolina - Pembroke
- United National Congress Alliance (Trinidad and Tobago)
- United Nations Correspondents Association
- Universidad Nacional de Caaguazu (Paraguayan university)
- University of North Carolina at Asheville
- UtiliCorp Networks Canada Alberta, Ltd. (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- UNC Nuclear Industries Activities Association
- Uncached Space
- Union Nationale des Coopératives Agricoles de Céréales
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- University of North Carolina Alumni Heart Study
- Uncovering New Chicago Archives Project (Chicago, IL)
- United Nations Consolidated Appeals Process
- United Nations Conventional Arms Register
- United Nations Conference on the Application of Science and Technology for the Benefit of the Less Developed Areas
- United Nations Committee Against Torture
- United Nations Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment or Punishment
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some of the steps taken include the ratification of the United Nations Convention against Corruption in 2011, membership of the Financial Action Task Force since 2010, introduction of the Prevention of Bribery of Foreign Public Officials and Officials of Public International Organizations Bill 2011, and initiation of a proposal to make bribery in private sector a criminal offence by bringing an amendment in the Indian Penal Code," said President Mukherjee.
The advent of the United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) on December 14, 2005 and other regional instruments offer new challenges and opportunities for fighting corruption.
One of the most important reasons for this choice is the efforts being exerted by Qatar to combat corruption as well as its leading role during the third session of the Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention against Corruption held in Doha during November 9-13,2009," Fedotov said.
The effort being made by Qatar to combat corruption as well as the leading role it played during the Third Session of the Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention against Corruption held in Doha on November 9 to 13, 2009, were among the decisive factors in this choice, said Fedotov.
He said: " The United Nations Convention Against Corruption has identified gaps in our anti- corruption mechanism.
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraq is taking part in the meetings of the third session of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC), which began on Monday until Friday in Vienna.
| KUWAIT, June 13 (KUNA) -- A delegation from the signatories of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC) has applauded on Wednesday the effective anti-graft measures taken by the State of Kuwait at the legislative, executive and judicial levels.