“[If clergy in] same-gendered, long-term relationships in the ELCA … want to serve in a United Methodist Church, The United Methodist Church can say we are sorry but that does not fit our protocols,” Michael Trice, associate executive for Ecumenical and Inter-Religious Relations of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, said.
What does UMC stand for?
UMC stands for United Methodist Church
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UMC
We have 163 other meanings of UMC in our Acronym Attic
- Union Medical College (Beijing, China)
- Union Memorial Center (Arizona)
- Union Metallic Cartridge Co (division of Remington Arms)
- Unit Mail Clerk
- Unit Maintenance Collection
- Unit Manning Report
- Unit Manufacturing Cost
- Unit Movement Coordinator
- United McGill Corporation (Groveport, OH)
- United Mediacorp
- United Methodist Committee
- United Methodist Conference (United Methodist Church)
- United Methodist Congregation
- United Microelectronics Corp (Republic of China)
- United Microelectronics Corporation
- United Missionary Church
- United Shoe Machinery Co.
- Universal Magazine Code
- Universal Mind Control (song)
- Universal Mobile Charger (various companies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: BETTIE RENCORET SENIOR COLUMNIST LANCASTER -- The Lancaster United Methodist Church welcomed the Rev.
Celebrating Iowa United Methodist Women First United Methodist Church 214 East Jefferson Street, Iowa City, IA 52245 No ISBN $12.
He then asked, "Did membership in the United Methodist Church require loyalty to a political program of the far left?
Later, they were overtaken by the Roman Catholics and Southern Baptists, but the Methodist family of churches - the United Methodist Church (UMC), three predominantly black Methodist bodies, and several smaller churches - still ranks third in number.
Christ United Methodist Church in Cedar Mill today announced its Holiday Bazaar will be held Friday and Saturday, November 13-14, 2009 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at the church.
Garth Gilliam, from Sherman Oaks United Methodist Church, wanted to satisfy.
The United Methodist Church bars out gay men and lesbians from being pastors.