ARBIL / Aswat al-Iraq: A delegation from the United Iraqi Alliance on Friday is visiting Arbil, the capital city of the Iraqi Kurdistan region, to take up the issue of forming the new Iraqi government with Kurdish officials.
What does UIA stand for?
UIA stands for United Iraqi Alliance
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UIA
We have 68 other meanings of UIA in our Acronym Attic
- Unassigned Integer Arithmetic
- Unemployment Insurance Agency (Michigan)
- Unión Industrial Argentina
- Union Internationale des Architectes (French: International Union of Architects)
- Union Internationale des Avocats (French: International Association of Lawyers)
- Union of International Associations
- Unit Identification Application
- Unit-Invariant Abelian (code)
- United Interfaith Action (Massachusets)
- United Inventors Association
- United Israel Appeal
- Universidad Iberoamericana (México)
- Universidad Internacional de las Americas
- University of Antwerp
- University of Indianapolis Athens (Athens, Greece)
- Used in Action
- user interface automation
- Union Internationale des Associations d’Alpinisme (French: International Union Mountaineering Associations; Switzerland)
- United Irish American Association (Buffalo, NY)
- University of Illinois Alumni Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The four-strong Marjaiya headed by Sistani backed the United Iraqi Alliance in the last parliamentary election in 2005.
MP Jamal al-Ibrahim of the United Iraqi Alliance called the Iraqi Government to start an investigation over the deal of purchasing the Explosive Detector Devices conducted by the Interior Ministry and a British Company.
There are positive points and others need more time to be discussed, and others need modification," the United Iraqi Alliance said in a statement.
Iraq's newly elected parliament is split almost down the middle between the United Iraqi Alliance (UIA), the Shi'ite-led ruling coalition of which Ja'fari's Da'wa party is a member, and an alliance comprising Kurds, Sunni Arabs, and allies of secular Shi'ite leader Iyad Allawi.
The instability looks set to continue when poll results are released with the United Iraqi Alliance expected to be around 54 seats short of forming a government.
Al-Hakim has said that preparations were being made to choose a candidate for prime minister, who they have said must come from the United Iraqi Alliance.
In Baghdad's Shiite slum of Sadr City, about 1,000 demonstrators rallied to support the United Iraqi Alliance.