More than 230 service and technical workers at College Hospital kicked off President's Day weekend by voting to join Service Employees International Union, United Healthcare Workers - West (SEIU-UHW) on Friday, February 15.
What does UHW stand for?
UHW stands for United Healthcare Workers
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UHW
We have 1 other meaning of UHW in our Acronym Attic
- Ultra-High Vacuum Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Udruge Hrvatskih Veterana Domovinskog Rata (Croatian: Association of Croatian War Veterans)
- Ultra-High Voltage Electron Microscopy
- ultra-high vacuum physical (vapor deposition)
- Ultrahigh Velocity Projectile
- Universal High Volume Production
- Utrechtse Heuvelrug Vakantieparken
- UltraHawke Weighbridges (Australia)
- Under His Wings (ministry)
- United Hardcore Wrestling (est. 2008)
- University Hospital of Wales (Cardiff, Wales, UK)
- Union of Health Work Committees
- Upper Hunter Wonnarua Council (Australia)
- Urban Health and Wellness Center (Flint, MI)
- University Hospital of the West Indies (Kingston, Jamaica)
- Ultra Hyper Wonderful Link
- Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest
- Uniform Hazardous Waste Material
- Utah Hazardous Waste Management Rules
- University of Hawaii - West Oahu
Samples in periodicals archive:
12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Statement of 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East: Link to Supreme Court decision: http://sblog.
Azi Paybarah 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East Politics & Legislation Department For Immediate Release: January 29, 2007 HEALTHCARE UNION LEADER DENNIS RIVERA ACCEPTS NEW POST NY Champion of Workers and Quality Healthcare to Leave 1199SEIU to Chair New National Health Union Will Lead National Effort For Quality Healthcare For All, and To Unite 10 Million U.
SEIU - United Healthcare Workers West (SEIU-UHW) is the largest hospital and healthcare union in the western United States with more than 150,000 members.
Taking the unionization battle to the public, representatives of Service Employees International Union United Healthcare Workers West plan to release the report at a forum scheduled for tonight.
Thursday, June 28, 2012 WHO: Duane Dauner, CEO/President of the California Hospital Association; Dave Regan, President of SEIU-United Healthcare Workers West CALL-IN NUMBER: 1-800-398-9379 Two of the biggest stakeholders in California healthcare, the California Hospital Association and SEIU United Healthcare Workers West, will hold a telephone-news conference at 9:30 a.
Representatives of Service Employees International Union United Healthcare Workers West vowed to intensify their 2-year-old effort and suggested that hospital employees can appeal to community and elected leaders for support against the hospital board.
Proponents say a majority of the 1,100 workers eligible to be in the union favor representation by Service Employees International Union United Healthcare Workers West, but hospital officials say they are not so sure.