Entergy recently reached agreement with the union representing its security officers, the United Government Security Officers of America (UGSOA) to cancel the estimated $5 million a year contract with Wackenhut and take the guards in-house.
What does UGSOA stand for?
UGSOA stands for United Government Security Officers of America (labor union)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- United German Shepherd Dog Alliance
- Urban Geography Specialty Group
- User Group Study Group (Microsoft)
- Unsolicited Grant Synchronization Header
- Unisys Global Services India (technology company)
- Uttam Galva Steels Limited (Mumbai, India)
- Uttam Galva Steels, Ltd. (India)
- UNISEL (Universiti Industri Selangor) Graduate School of Management (Malaysia)
- University of Guyana School of Medicine
- Unit General Safety Officer (Canada)
- UCLA Gambling Studies Program
- Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- Uniform Generalized Single Parity
- United Galaxy Sanitation Patrol (fictional, from Quark TV series)
- United Gordon Setter Rescue (UK; est. 1988)
- Unattended Ground Sensor System
- Under Ground Sewerage Scheme (India)
- Unified Grading and Salary Structure (Civil Service; Nigeria)
- United Gas Supply System (Russia)
- User Group Support Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
The United Government Security Officers of America (UGSOA) filed suit today against the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) over its alleged refusal to collectively bargain with the union and its Local 22 affiliate of security officers employed at the Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant near Huntsville, Ala.
Entergy announced plans to drop Wackenhut at Pilgrim in the midst of a labor dispute with more than 100 security officers represented by United Government Security Officers of America (UGSOA).