The United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU), an umbrella organisation of bank unions, has called for a strike on November 12.
What does UFBU stand for?
UFBU stands for United Forum of Bank Unions (India)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of UFBU in our Acronym Attic
- United Financial Banking Companies, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Unsaturated Folate Binding Capacity
- Utah Farm Bureau Federation
- University of Florida Brain Institute
- Universal Foundation for Better Living, Inc.
- Uniunea Femeilor Bihor Oradea (Romanian: Women's Union Bihor Oradea; Oradea, Romania)
- Universal Firewall Bypass Protocol (slang for HTTP)
- Urban Forest Biodiversity Program (Australia)
- Universal Fast Breeder Reactor
- Upflow Fixed Bed Reactor
- Universal Food and Beverage Company
- Ujpest Football Club (Hungary)
- Ukrainian Fruit Company (Ukraine)
- Ultimate Fantasy Commissioner (basketball)
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Ultimate Fighting Competition (mixed martial arts competition)
- Ultimate Football Challenge
- Under Five Children
- Unidad de Farmacocinética Clínica (Spain)
- Unified Facilities Criteria
Samples in periodicals archive:
As many as 27 public sector banks, 18 private banks, eight foreign banks and 48 regional rural banks have joined the industrial action that was called for by the United Forum of Bank Unions (UBFU), the union of bank employees and officers, bringing banking services to a complete halt.
Over a million bank employees and officers working in 27 public sector banks, including the State Bank of India, 12 private and eight foreign banks and regional rural banks, struck work under the United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU), pressing for wage revision and rejecting Indian Banks' Association's (IBA) 10 per cent hike offer.
The United Forum of Bank Unions (UBFU) has extended a cautious welcome to the 'Jan Dhan Yojana' that aims to extend banking facilities to unbanked people.
The strike call has been given by the United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU), an umbrella body of all bank unions.
With the government "denying" any dialogue with the United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU), he said the mood of employees was one of anger and frustration.
The United Forum of Bank unions (UFBU), consisting of 47 banks, called for a two day strike to press for demands that included wage revision for bank employees, as well as opposing reforms in the sector.
Gautam Bose, general secretary of the United Forum of Bank Unions, West Bengal unit, said: "The UFBU - an umbrella organization of five employee unions and four officer unions of state-run banks in the country - decided to go ahead with the two-day strike as reconciliation talks with the called by chief labour commission in the morning have failed to yield fruit.