At Acuity CiMatrix, we continue to expand our blue-chip customer base both for machine vision and Data Matrix reading applications, and the Defense Department's mandate for unit level traceability should push the entire market toward adoption of Data Matrix-based direct parts marking.
What does ULT stand for?
ULT stands for Unit Level Traceability (Intel)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ULT
We have 20 other meanings of ULT in our Acronym Attic
- University of Limerick Staff Sailing Club (Ireland)
- Ultra-Large-Scale Software-Intensive Systems
- University of Liberia Student Union (West Africa)
- Upper Labrador Sea Water (Atlantic Ocean)
- Ultimate (Loads)
- Ultimo (Latin: last month)
- Ultra Tracker (file format)
- Ultra-Large Telescope
- Ultra-Low Temperature
- Underwater Location Transmitter
- Unit Level Training (US Navy)
- Universal Lighting Technologies (Nashville, TN)
- Université Libre de Tunis (French: University of Tunis; Tunisia; est. 1973)
- University Learning and Teaching (various locations)
- Unlimited Tax
- Upper Limit of Normal
- Utility Litigation Team (USAF)
- Union Labor Temple Association
- Union Leaders Training Award
- Utah Land Title Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, Datasweep's unique Supplier Management application will allow Finisar to incorporate information to and from suppliers for deeper unit level traceability and improved supply chain efficiency.
In many manufacturing applications, unit level traceability is implemented by marking a unique ID encoded in the form of a two dimensional Data Matrix code directly on each part.
Whether driven by increasing regulatory requirements such as the TREAD act, emerging standards such as ATA 2000, or the desire to better serve their customers, reduce costs, and avoid potential liability, it really makes good business sense for manufacturers to implement unit level traceability solutions," said Greg Gorbach, service director, collaborative manufacturing and architecture at ARC Advisory Group.
Data Matrix 2-D bar codes have found increasing acceptance as a means of achieving unit level traceability on industrial parts," he said.
We believe this order can also be viewed as part of a larger movement toward wider adoption of Data Matrix for unit level traceability, as several industries, including automotive, recognize its benefits.
RVSI will demonstrate two categories of products at the trade show: high-speed bar-code-scanning products built around CCD technology for package sortation; and unit level traceability solutions based on Data Matrix, the international direct-part-marking standard developed by RVSI, read by RVSI's family of fixed-mount and mobile imagers.
The contract allows the two companies to jointly pursue and grow the emerging market for direct parts marking and unit level traceability.